General News

Fire Guts Korle-Bu ICU; COVID-19 Patients Transferred To UG Medical Centre

News reaching bibinionline.com indicates that fire has gutted the Intensive Care Unit of the Korle-Bu teaching hospital in the early hours of Monday, November 30, 2020.

According to a report filed by Citinewsroom, the fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault from a socket in the ward.

The hospital’s Public Relation Officer, P.R.O Mustapha Salifu, said officials have taken all the necessary steps to evacuate all three patients who were in the ICU to safety.

The three patients diagnosed with COVID-19 who were on admission at the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital have been transferred to the University of Ghana Medical Centre after the fire outbreak.

Salifu said steps are also being taken to repair the ICU for re-occupation.

“The fire was detected early, so we were able to handle it as soon as it started.The COVID-19 patients are safe and under control. There were also no casualties involved as a result of the outbreak,” he said.

The CEO of the hospital, Dr. Opoku Ware Ampomah who was at the scene during the emergency, commended the staff for their heroic acts which prevented the situation from escalating.

Fortunately, the fire service’s promptness in dealing with the fire, was commendable as the fire did not spread.

For any adverts kindly send your ads or stories via email – bibiniproduction@gmail.com or WhatsApp 0557449200

SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel @bibinitv Instagram @bibini_tv Twitter @bibiniqwaku

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
%d bloggers like this: