The Electoral Commission removed five out of 17 presidential aspirants who submitted their candidacy forms with the intention of contesting the 2020 elections.
The five comprise two independent presidential candidates; Kofi Koranteng and Marricke Kofi Gane, and three candidates endorsed by the political party; the Unified Progressive Party (UPP) Akwasi Addae Odike, the People’s Action Party (PAP) Kwasi Busumbru, and the Unified Front Party (UFP) Nana Agyenim Boateng.
At the Let the People Know Forum of the Electoral Commission on Monday 19 October 2020, the returning officer for the 2020 presidential election, Jean Mensa, made this known.
Below is the full list of presidential candidates who sailed through:
- Alfred Kwame Asiedu Walker – Independent candidate
- Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo – NPP
- Christian Kwabena Andrews – GUM
- Brigitte Akosua Dzogbenuku – PPP
- John Dramani Mahama – NDC
- Akua Donkor – GFP
- Nana Konadu Agyemang Rawlings – NDP
- Hassan Ayariga – APC
- Ivor Kobina Greenstreet – CPP
- Henry Herbert Lartey – GCPP
- Percival Kofi Akpaloo – LPG
- David Asibi Ayindenaba Apasera – PNC
more news here